Mold Testing

Mold damages what it grows on; and the longer it grows, the more damage it can cause.

Molds are an essential part of the natural environment. Outdoors, they break down dead organic matter. But indoors, molds are potentially toxic, and their growth should be prevented. Get your home for mold before expensive problems develop.

Let me inspect your home for mold.
There are many types of mold, and they reproduce by means of microscopic, airborne spores. Mold can start growing indoors when its spores float inside from outdoors and land on surfaces that are damp. Exposure to mold by inhaling or touching mold spores can cause allergic reactions and irritation to the lungs, eyes, skin, nose and throat.

Mold that gets established can gradually destroy the things it grows on, including home furnishings and structural components. You can prevent damage to your home and furnishings, save money, and avoid health problems by controlling unwanted moisture intrusion and eliminating potential mold growth. Protect your investment and your family’s health, and let me inspect your home for mold and the warning signs of mold growth.

Molds produce tiny spores to reproduce. Mold spores waft through the indoor and outdoor air continually. When mold spores land on a damp spot indoors, they may begin growing and digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods. When excessive moisture or water accumulates indoors, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or un-addressed. There is no practical way to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control indoor mold growth is to control moisture.

Locations where mold can be present

How do molds affect people?
Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common.

They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing.

For more detailed information consult a health professional. You may also wish to consult your state or local health department.

December 7, 2017